With the holiday season officially behind us, we can move onward and upward into lucky ’13. I’ve always said that I hate making resolutions because they’re so damn hard to remember, let alone keep. Yet here I sit, about to pound the keys into forming sentences that I hope will guide me through this next 365 days.
- Write something every day. I saw this crop up on Facebook and it seems like a good idea. Expect more blog posts.
- Quit editing on-the-fly. I’m one of those people who gets a better idea mid-sentence and immediately hits backspace instead of allowing words to flow.
- Read more. I squeezed 19 books into 2012, I wanna beat that this year.
- Expand from horror. I’ll have to explain this one in its own post, but the scary isn’t doing it for me right now.
- Finish either Violent Night, Guignol, or The Laundromat. My money is on The Laundromat, Guignol, then Violent Night.
- Get out more! This may seem contradictory to some of my writerly resolutions, but I enjoy humans, and I have to leave the house to get a taste.
- Continue to find myself/Stop the self-pity. Happiness starts from within, and in my case involves regular trips to the gym.
- Stop sweating the little things. If it can’t be changed, move on.
- Regulate social media output and usage. Anyone else feel they’re on Facebook too much?
I swear there were more, but it’s late and I need to get to work. I’m beta reading this week and horribly behind on a short story. Curse you, holidaze!